* Depth of the quake was 12KM
* The earthquake struck as the Philippines was observing the Muslim holiday of Eid-al-Adha. The public holiday had closed schools, some businesses, and offices which helped reduce the number of casualties
* 222 deaths, 8 missing, over 1000 injured in Bohol and Cebu
* The energy of the quake was equivalent to 32 Hiroshima Bombs
* It was also noted that Bohol gained around 500 meters more of shoreline due to the quake.
* over 3200 aftershocks within 3 weeks after the quake, 94 are felt
* Damage is expected at $2.2B PHP
*67400 homes were damaged or destroyed
* Some of the Chocolate Hills are damaged
* Many Bohol residents were left without adequate safe drinking water and sanitary facilities after the quake
*100 sinkholes found on the island of Bohol
*Some 32 bridges, including many along the National Road, and 13 road sections were damaged and impassable, hampering aid efforts.